Leader, Internal Communications
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We are looking to hire a results-driven communications professional to join our Public Affairs & Communications team. The Leader, Internal Communications will play a critical role in developing, writing and delivering communications that ensure current and prospective families are well informed about SA's academic, talent, and social emotional programming, relevant schooling and advocacy issues, and the exceptional achievements of Success Academy scholars and educators.
The Public Affairs & Communications team works to develop best-in-class communications and public relations; implement a multifaceted advocacy program that connects elected officials with their parent constituents and advances K-12 public education reform and policies; and shares SA's curriculum and educational best practices through the Robertson Center's virtual and in-person workshops, webinars, consulting, and leadership development programs. We inform, inspire and advocate our constituents to ensure that NYC public charter schools have equitable resources to remain strong and continue to deliver the high-quality education children need to achieve their dreams.
- Produce exceptionally well written, multi-layered communications that keep families and scholars informed, engaged and inspired
- Proactively collaborate with network team leads in schooling, enrollment, academics, instructional services, experiential learning, and others on create successful internal campaigns that drive parent and scholar engagement;
- Manage many different initiatives simultaneously requiring sound judgment, prioritization, nimble responses, and high quality output;
- Manage a small team of associates to produce high volume of high-impact communications
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience and leadership in a large organization, developing and executing comprehensive communications plans;
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field;
- Nimble, proactive go-getter energized by the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, results-driven, entrepreneurial culture where change is rapid;
- Work a flexible schedule that will at times include long hours, nights and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top