Lead, Talent Programs
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Lead, Talent Programs
A comprehensive talent management strategy includes all employee processes, from onboarding and acculturation, to career progression, and performance management. We are looking for a Lead of Talent Programs who cares deeply about people and their success in the workplace. The Lead will drive an ambitious talent management strategy during a period of rapid transformation, and be responsible for multiple change management initiatives that require careful planning and excellent implementation. This role on the Leadership & Talent Management team will uphold a culture of high performance, while forming productive partnerships across the enterprise, as well as within the Human Capital department. The role reports into the Head of Leadership & Talent Management.
The Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Drive a significant scope of talent management processes, including annual goal-setting and performance processes, 360 talent reviews, promotion processes, excellence awards, employee engagement, and career pathing
- Embed a diversity and inclusion perspective in all talent management processes
- Program manage Employee Engagement initiatives that lead to improved long-term employee satisfaction and retention. Activities include: analyze and report on bi-annual employee engagement data; accurately identify trends, propose and communicate action plans that drive improvement across the enterprise; monitor progress of action plans at the enterprise level; and keep the executive leadership team informed of progress towards improvement goals
- Contribute to the evolution of Success Academy's performance management programs by applying design thinking principles to the implementation of a new performance management system
- Develop a strategic new hire integration initiative that extends beyond existing transactional onboarding tasks/events and ensures new hires are integrated effectively and efficiently into SA's mission-critical roles; devise innovative solutions to decrease ramp-up time and facilitate a great new hire integration experience
- Ensure execution excellence for a variety of complex talent management programs and projects that meet ever-changing enterprise needs
- Provide thought leadership on change management as it relates to people processes and practices.
- Has excellent communication, and relationship-building skills, partners effectively with stakeholders.
- Can anticipate others' needs and build trust.
- Has experience analyzing program effectiveness and creating/implementing interventions to improve results.
- Has built and or/executed multi-faceted talent programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Has working knowledge of best practices in managing people processes, including talent acquisition, retention, people and performance management, mentoring, culture strategy, leadership development, and/or adult learning management.
- Has 4+ years experience in human resources, talent assessment, talent development, people operations, or a related field.
- Is extremely organized and pays attention to detail.
- Is committed to education reform.
Back to top