Lead, Human Capital Business Partner
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Success Academy is looking for an expert level Lead, Human Resources Business Partner, reporting to the Head, HR Business Partners.
We are seeking an intellectually curious, experienced HR professional to join our Human Capital team. The Lead, HRBP will play a critical part in the continued deployment of new functionality, developing solutions and enabling the continued growth of both the Success Academy Network and Success Academy Charter Schools.
In this role you will:
- Provide consultative support to both the Network organization and the SA school based leadership and staff (School Managers, Principals, Assistant Principals, Business Operations Manager, etc.);
- Be responsible for making valuable contributions to managers/leaders in the client organization on the full suite of human capital functions;
- Develop a deep understanding of the client organization to include the strategy, goals/priorities, needs, challenges and the human capital implications to be able to make valuable contributions;
- Serve as the HR counterpart to line managers and act as single point of contact on all HR/human capital functions (e.g., employee relations, organization design, workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, employee development, coaching and feedback, etc.);
- Ensure that human capital processes, policies/practices and standards are implemented consistently by leaders/manager while striving to continuously improve the same;
- Partner effectively with the Human Capital Functional Pillars (e.g. Talent Acquisition, HC Shared Services, Total Rewards, Talent Management, training) and other functions such as Advisory (legal) liaising with, and tapping into needed expertise, to support the needs of the business;
- Handle and help reduce human capital risk using data and analytics as/where applicable; and
- Be aware of evolving regulatory influences and changes on management, policies processes and practices and implications for client organization.
We'd be excited to hear from you if you:
- Possess 10+ years of professional HR experience to include deep experience as an HR Strategic Partner supporting different types of client organizations, in dynamically larger roles across multiple forward-thinking" companies;
- Strong Employee Relations experience
- Are able to learn and communicate Success Academy's strong, collaborative culture, and school design in a compelling way;
- Can think at the goal level (versus task) and demonstrate good logic;
- Have a highly analytical and process-driven mindset;
- Possess a track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, and integrity;
- Have remarkable interpersonal skills, committed to improving efficiency;
- Have extraordinarily high standards for the quality of work and a reflex to improve at every turn;
- Are able to successfully and thoughtfully navigate challenging situations; and
- Are a strong problem-solver with clear communication skills.
This role is significant to the team's success, and we offer an extraordinary opportunity for the right person to join us in setting a course for success in the next stage of their career.
We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top