At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
We are seeking a Junior Analyst to join our Data Science and Information Systems (DSIS) department, which provides the software, analysis, and technical infrastructure needed to provide our scholars, teachers, and school leaders the support they need. DSIS’s purpose is to help everyone at Success work better, more efficiently, and with access to all available sources of information.
Our Junior Analyst will be responsible for building real products that have an immediate effect on our organization and scholars. Reporting directly to our Managing Director, s/he will be comfortable jumping in the deep end and learning new skills, and should be someone who…
- Can produce analytic reports on demand, based on changing and sometimes ambiguous instructions;
- Has the ability to analyze and clean/maintain data from our internal databases; and
- Can effectively create reports and presentations for consumption/use by senior stakeholders.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Experience constructing SQL queries (mostly Postgres, but some MS SQL Server and MySQL as well);
- Comfort using the Python scientific and data libraries, particularly Pandas (or substantial familiarity with a comparable system like R, and a willingness to learn Python/Pandas);
- Ability to work well with other analysts; and
- Strong interest in education and education reform.
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top