We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven IT Security & Compliance Manager to join our Schooling Management & Technology team.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, the IT Security & Compliance Manager will manage, optimize and grow our organizational security footprint.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all IT security, leads security initiatives and manages audits and responses, while serving as an escalation point for all critical security concerns;
- Managing all Security team employees, supports the junior members of the Security team and mentors them;
- Assists with cross-training of team members to ensure no single points of failure and a well rounded team;
- Manage and develop existing security framework and incident response protocols;
- Design and continuously improve security framework;
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance;
- Lead the implementation of security platforms and systems, including installation, configuration and maintenance of security software; and
- Ensure compliance with SEC/NFA guidelines, ISO 27001, COBIT, and NIST standards.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Demonstrated ability to scale security management to meet the needs of a growing organization;
- Capacity for analyzing current security landscape and translating gaps into IT security solutions;
- Exudes a calm, professional demeanor while acting decisively and with urgency;
- Ability to manage a crisis & declare incidents while calmly implementing contingency plans;
- Developing and executing on incident response protocols;
- Proven track record of security and compliance analysis and execution;
- Familiarity with the following products and vendors: Zendesk, Zingtree, Cisco Enterprise, Meraki, Jamf, Apple, Mac OS, iOS, Google Enterprise (GSuite), Chrome OS, Chromebooks, Microsoft, Exchange, Active Directory, Printers, SMART boards and interactive panels, SMART Notebook, ActivInspire, and Promethean interactive panels;
- Advocates for our schools, providing real-time support and thoughtful solutions with both IT and non-IT initiatives;
- Holds security certifications or equivalent knowledge in CTPC, CPTE, CompTIA Security+, CSTA, GPEN, OSCP, CEH, ECSA, CEPT;
- Industry certification in at least one of the following areas is preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), ITIL, or Information Systems Security Management Professional; and
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or hold equivalent work experience.
To join our team, please contact our HR department, and be ready to upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.