As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven IT Operations Associate to join our School Management & Technology team.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Support, our IT Operations Associate will work onsite at one of our 46 schools, and will be responsible for providing professional and timely assistance to approximately 400 scholars and approximately 60 staff.
This is a visible and technical role that requires knowledge of Apple & Google hardware and software, as well as MS Windows virtualized on Macs, common end user applications, networking, and security.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct regular building walkthroughs, to proactively ensure equipment is maintained and report issues to network team as appropriate;
- Provide professional and timely hands-on tier 1 technical support and assistance to staff in person and via a ticketing system based on existing business logic;
- Respond to tickets from school-based team, and liaise with network team to resolve issues in timely fashion;
- Escalate tier 2 & 3 issues and problem ticket resolution tracking including root cause analysis;
- Coordinate with vendors, school site & central office teams on projects in support of school staff;
- Manage Apple MacOS, Chrome OS, iOS device support, and MS Windows, including but not limited to MacBook, iPad, iPhone and MiFi devices;
- Test new hardware and software technologies, accounting for business and market trends;
- Maintain documentation of procedures and policies. This includes testing, building, and documenting the necessary steps for deploying hardware and software, resolving escalated issues, and utilizing support tools; and
- Other duties as assigned.
A successful applicant will have the following characteristics:
- Consistently demonstrates uncommon patience and empathy while optimistically troubleshooting technology issues;
- Continuously provides and receives feedback regarding current IT processes to identify areas of improvement;
- Can communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders up to and including the Chief Executive Officer;
- Is technically nimble, action-oriented, responsive, and forward thinking;
- Advocates for our schools, providing real-time support and thoughtful solutions with both IT and non-IT initiatives;
- Is an independent problem solver and has an understanding of in-house tools and technologies;
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 lbs;
- Can travel up to 25% in the five NY boroughs; and
- Is willing to be on call after hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or combination of education and related experience in technical support;
- 1+ years of Mac desktop experience; using JAMF or other automated tools preferred;
- 3+ years of experience deploying Mac-based products;
- 1+ years of experience implementing security and compliance findings;
- Functional understanding of Apple Software, Hardware, and Operating Systems, Chromebooks and Chrome OS, G Suite;
- Experience with tools like Slack, Trello, BlueJeans, Zendesk, Interactive panels;
- Experience with SaaS administration, SSO (Okta, LogMeIn, etc.) and enterprise-level Networking;
- Functional understanding of Windows Software and Operating Systems, virtualized in the Mac OS, such as Parallels and VMware Fusion;
- Experience with technical writing and documentation;
- Certifications a plus: JAMF, ITIL, Apple Certified Mac Technician, CompTia A+/Network+/Security+, Cisco Networking; and
- Apple Genius Bar experience welcomed.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.