At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 46 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 15,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Success Academy seeks an IT Associate to oversee complex processes that ensure technology resources are distributed, maintained, and effectively utilized across our growing network of schools.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Support, our IT Associate is responsible for providing professional and timely tier 1 assistance to staff via a ticketing system (ZenDesk) and in person. This is a visible and technical role that requires knowledge of Apple and Google hardware and software, common end user applications, networking, and security.
- Consistently demonstrates uncommon patience and empathy while optimistically troubleshooting technology issues.
- Provides professional and timely tier 1 assistance to staff via a ticketing system based on existing business logic.
- Has an understanding of Apple Software, Hardware, and Operating Systems, Chromebooks and Chrome OS, G Suite, Slack, Trello, BlueJeans, Zendesk, SMART board and panels, Promethean panels, and SaaS administration.
- Continuously provides and receives feedback regarding current IT processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Is technically nimble, action-oriented, responsive, and forward thinking.
- Advocates for our schools, providing real-time support and thoughtful solutions with both IT and non-IT initiatives.
- Independent problem solving and an understanding of in-house tools and technologies.
- On call after hours and weekends as business needs dictate.ma
- OS Support & Management: The IT Associate will provide support to end users, plan for and conduct OS release testing, including vetting of new versions.
- Hardware Support & Management: Manage Apple MacOS, Chrome OS, and iOS device support, including but not limited to MacBook, iPad, iPhone and MiFi devices
- Continuous Improvement: Interact with the end users to generate OS and hardware solutions for business needs.
- Hardware & OS Deployment: Architecting OS / hardware deployment procedures, patch management, administration of security systems, Jamf / Casper server administration, and the operating system configuration of all client platforms.
- Research & Development: Research new hardware and software technologies, analyze business and market trends, and apply best practices and standards to procedures.
- Security & Compliance: Creates and manages the OS & hardware framework for Security and Corporate Policies. This includes working extensively with IT Security Department, Management and other groups to plan, test and develop strategies to stay in legal and corporate compliance in our client environments.
- Change Management: Provides support to the other IT Groups for software deployments or changes to client devices.
- Process: Maintain documentation of image, procedures and policies. This includes testing, building, and documenting the necessary steps for deploying hardware and software, resolving escalated issues, and utilizing support tools.
- Tier 2 & 3 Escalation: Responsible for escalating issues and problem ticket resolution tracking including root cause analysis. They also serve as an escalation point for Incidents when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or combination of education and related experience in technical support.
- 1+ years of Mac desktop experience using Casper or other automated tools.
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying Mac based products.
- 1+ years of experience implementing security and compliance findings.
- Experience with technical writing and documentation.
- Certifications a plus: Casper, ITIL, A+, Apple certifications, CompTia Security+
- Apple Genius Bar experience welcomed.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in the five NY boroughs.
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.