As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Internal Communications Manager to join our Public Affairs team.
Our Internal Communications team exists to inform, celebrate, and engage our employees. To work at Success Academy should be to know where we’re headed, what we’re doing, and how we are doing it. Additionally, we want our people to hear those things from us through a variety of channels — including emails, newsletters, Slack, notes from senior leadership, and in-person town halls — not from the media or anyone else. At a time when we are making significant shifts in support of schooling and scaling, employees need to understand a clear set of galvanizing goals; feel inspired about working at this dynamic, innovative organization; and get behind their important role in advocacy. In addition, we need to keep our people apprised of protocols and processes that support them in their daily work.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, Communications, the Internal Communications Manager will support the development and management of a comprehensive year-long employee communication and engagement plan.
The Internal Communications Manager will:
- Establish an internal communications strategy, in conjunction with senior managers, that reinforces SA's brand, mission, values, and key business goals; enhances employee experience; and fosters culture of excellence and transparency;
- Develop an editorial calendar of content across channels (email, newsletter, Slack, blog, events, etc.) to engage and inform staff;
- Coordinate content sourcing from across all network departments and work collaboratively to ensure regular, timely delivery of relevant information to staff;
- Write and/or edit engaging, accurate content for a variety of internal communications;
- Be the point of contact for other departments (especially Human Capital) in planning and preparing special internal announcements (Excellence Award winners, changes in benefits, new leadership hires, Rising Senior Leader announcements, etc.);
- Manage the review and distribution process for all employee-facing communications, ensuring accuracy and consistency in tone and style;
- Collaborate with the social media team to reach employees through digital channels (ex. Instagram); and
- Develop engagement metrics, evaluate content analytics and propose strategic methods to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of future communications content and decisions.
Successful candidates should have the following experiences and characteristics:
- A minimum of 5 years experience developing and executing internal communications at large organizations;
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field from an accredited college or university;
- Sophisticated writing, editing, and presentation skills;
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail, including experience with fact-checking and proofreading;
- A quick learner with an ability to work urgently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment;
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to establish protocols and processes and execute concurrent, deadline-driven projects from beginning to end;
- Analytical ability to translate data into actionable insights;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, as necessary; and
- A commitment to improving public education and ensuring all students have access to a high quality school.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.