We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Instructional Designer to join our Creative Content, Strategy & Development team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Learning & Development, our Instructional Designer will have a direct impact on revolutionizing teacher and leader training. S/he will also help us share our training content beyond the walls of Success Academy to reform the educational world at large. The ideal Instructional Designer has a track record of effectively delivering learning content across multiple platforms and a variety of formats, including online and blended learning environments. S/he is a skilled storyteller, has a strong sense of humor, and is able to utilize different authoring tools to create engaging interactions that make learning stick.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with a variety of authoring tools (including, but not limited to Articulate Storyline) to create well-designed, effective training for a variety of adult audiences;
- Designing for rapid development and reusability;
- Development of courses from existing templates;
- Creation of branching scenarios and serious games;
- Handling multiple projects at a given time, prioritizing among them as necessary;
- Partnering with content owners (SMEs) to produce content across multiple departments.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experience and characteristics:
- Ability to collaborate with a team as well as execute responsibilities individually;
- Ability to approach problems from multiple perspectives;
- Coding knowledge a plus;
- Interest or experience in game development.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.