- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Success Academies is redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
To support our growth and to continue providing our scholars with an unparalleled educational experience, we have a network office based team of IT professionals who provide network-wide support, resource planning, and technology integration. Their efforts enhance our classrooms and elevate daily instruction, fostering a lifelong love of learning for our scholars. Success Academy seeks a Director of Infrastructure Services to assist in the design and execution of the organization's Technology goals while managing multiple IT verticals and leading the related IT teams.
Position : Director of Infrastructure Services
Definition : Design and execute the organization's Technology goals while managing multiple IT verticals and leading the related IT teams..
Location: New York, New York 10005
Reporting: Reports directly to our CTO
The Director of Infrastructure Services will manage the work of several technology subteams including Core Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and Compliance, Helpdesk, Hardware Operations and Enterprise Systems. He/She will provide overall leadership for these workstreams accountable for work assignments, goal delivery, mentoring and IT frameworks/methodologies. He/She will require knowledge of standard/leading practices within Technology such as ITIL and ITSM. Candidates must be highly organized and well versed in IT conceptual methodologies. He/She should possess technical acumen to lead diverse verticals and a staff who share a high bar of excellence while passionate about education reform and working for a growth oriented, mission driven organization.
- Demonstrates ability to develop long term IT strategic plans.
- Highly experienced in practical applications of IT frameworks such as ITIL, ITSM and Cobit. Ability to apply elements of these frameworks within a hybrid/agile environment.
- Demonstrates ability to lead parallel technology verticals while managing expectations for C-level team and crafting policies.
- Experience planning for and managing teams with both insourced and outsourced services.
- Develops KPI's for the entire technology team and across the verticals
- Drives "Technology as a business" with proven experience building out service desks, service catalogs, core infrastructure, security /compliance teams.
- Demonstrates core operational excellence developing milestone and depency plans for the team to ensure that Infrastructure is staying ahead of school and network needs.
- Instilling rigor of calendaring and critical scaling activities such as building out the knowledge base and Technology policies and procedures.
- Presents progress and future outlook to C-level team in collaboration with CTO
- Good interpersonal communicator who can present and translate technical requirements into non-technical language to key decision makers at any level of the organization
- Foster and grow partnerships with technical and non-technical staff, including direct reports, internal partners, management, and vendors
- Lead technical staff and manage vendor contracts with proven outcomes where value was added to the business.
- Highly proficient in utilizing project management tools, and have the willingness and ability to learn and use new ones
- Knowledgeable of IT lifecycle project management frameworks such as ITIL, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Experience using IT Service Management software to manage projects and tasks (Preferred: TeamDynamix).
- Demonstrates initiative with a strong sense of urgency and purpose
- Proven success in leading change for large technology departments
- Maintains current knowledge of industry best practices and standards and is able to provide a guiding hand to the teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and quickly shift focus in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience managing diverse technology teams in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with WAN devices, circuits, cabling, voice communication systems and facilities management.
- IT Management
- Provide leadership, planning and overall accountability for Infrastructure workstreams.
- Manage Enterprise applications including management over cloud infrastructure and Dev/Ops.
- Manage a team with focus on Windows OS, Mac OS, Chrome OS, Active Directory, Google Admin, Okta, Workday, Jamf, AWS, Azure, and other SaaS enterprise cloud-based services
- Define responsibilities and prioritization for a team of advanced technical staff, including system engineers and administrators using proven project management methodologies (such as Agile, ITIL)
- Optimize existing and develop new policies, procedures and business processes that inform day to day operational standards for the organization
- Liaise with end users, partners, and vendors to actively anticipate concerns while developing an environment of teamwork and accountability
- Present and support recommendations to executive level partners
- Establish baselines and standard methodologies around hardware and software implementation, maintenance, and support
- Analyze complex business needs and recommend technical solutions
- Set SLAs and KPIs for individuals, teams, and service delivery
- Develop and mentor direct reports, plotting professional experiences and career goals
- Continuously provides and receives feedback regarding current IT processes to identify areas of improvement
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned in their field
- Manage eDiscovery and data collection processes including Holds and Retention Policies
- Expected to work out of the main office location with pre-negotiated remote options
- On Call as business needs dictate
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- IT Management degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or related field optional
- 10+ years of experience managing multiple IT teams and systems across multiple locations
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Previous experience supporting larger diverse teams in geographically disparate areas
Back to top