Human Resources Coordinator
We are seeking an ambitious Human Resources Coordinator who is passionate about employees, HR and education to join our Success Academies team.
The Human Resources team strategically supports employees across all of the Success Academy Charter Schools network through all stages of the employee life-cycle. Human Resources initiatives include new hire orientation, retention and development, performance management, benefits and compensation analysis, internal communications and employee engagement. In addition, the Human Resources team strives for continuous improvement in its processes and provides ongoing coaching and expertise as needed to create a culture of joyful excellence.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
The Human Resources Coordinator is someone who will…
- Build strong relationships grounded in trust and contribute knowledge on practices that are of sound moral/ethical judgment;
- Always operate with the highest degree of integrity;
- Communicate effectively with the highest level of customer care;
- Perform data analysis using advanced excel skills, including multi-function formulas, pivot-tables, and formatting techniques, all while using their keen attention to detail;
- Be proactive, solutions-oriented and ambitious. He/She possesses an insatiable desire for answers and will proactively seek out opportunities to enhance our practice;
- Be organized and have strong project management skills that will help him/her to keep track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product. He/She understands shifting priorities and the need to be flexible in a fast paced, growing organization;
- Support in the onboarding process and administration for all employees including the coordination of training sessions and employee record collection for all new employees as needed throughout the year;
- Process employee information changes (transfers, terminations, etc.), payroll and benefits updates, and change information in appropriate systems;
- Maintain employee records and ensure they are 100% accurate and up to date at all times;
- Provide a high level of customer service in responding to HR inquiries through the ticketing system, respond to employment verification requests, unemployment claims and workers compensation issues;
- Track teacher certification, background checks, and fingerprinting statuses and ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements;
- Work to streamline and develop a procedural guide to reflect various departmental practices;
- Support the Human Resources team with various projects and administrative duties as needed.
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Your cover letter should demonstrate how you would be an excellent Human Resources Coordinator at Success Academy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top