We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Human Resources Coordinator to join our Human Resources team.
The Human Resources team strategically supports employees across all of the Success Academy Charter Schools network through all stages of the employee life-cycle. Human Resources initiatives include new hire orientation, retention and development, performance management, internal communications, and employee engagement. In addition, the Human Resources team strives for continuous improvement in its processes and provides ongoing coaching and expertise as needed to create a culture of joyful excellence.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, we are seeking a Human Resources Coordinator who is passionate about employees, HR, and education to join our Success Academies team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing employee information changes (transfers, terminations, etc.), payroll and benefits updates, and changing information in appropriate systems;
- Performing data analysis using advanced Excel skills, including multi-function formulas, pivot-tables, and formatting techniques, all while using their keen attention to detail;
- Supporting the onboarding process and administration for all employees, including the coordination of training sessions and employee record collection for all new employees;
- Maintaining employee records and ensure they are 100% accurate and up-to-date at all times;
- Providing a high level of customer service in responding to HR inquiries through the ticketing system, responding to employment verification requests, unemployment claims, and workers’ compensation issues;
- Tracking teacher certification, background checks, and fingerprinting statuses and ensuring compliance with all internal and external requirements;
- Working to streamline and develop a procedural guide to reflect various departmental practices; and
- Supporting the Human Resources team with various projects and administrative duties, as needed.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Can build strong relationships grounded in trust and contribute knowledge on practices that are of sound moral/ethical judgment;
- Always operate with the highest degree of integrity;
- Communicate effectively with the highest level of customer care;
- Are proactive, solutions-oriented, and ambitious;
- He/she possesses an insatiable desire for answers and will proactively seek out opportunities to enhance our practice; and
- Are organized and have strong project management skills that will help him/her to keep track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product. He/she understands shifting priorities and the need to be flexible in a fast-paced, growing organization.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.