We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Human Resources Associate to join our Human Resources team.
The Human Resources team strategically supports employees across the Success Academy Charter Schools network through all stages of the employee life-cycle. Human Resources initiatives include new hire orientation, retention and development, performance management, internal communications, and employee engagement. In addition, the Human Resources team strives for continuous improvement in its processes and provides ongoing coaching and expertise as needed to create a culture of joyful excellence.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, we are seeking a Human Resources Associate, who is passionate about employees, HR, and education, to join our Success Academies team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with senior management and the Director of HR to proactively resolve employee relations issues;
- Performing detailed data analysis using their advanced Excel skills (including nested formulas, pivot-tables, and formatting techniques) and keen attention to detail;
- Applying 2-3 years of technical HR acumen expertise by demonstrating knowledge about state and federal labor, employment, and insurance law;
- Drawing upon their HR skills to more strategically align HR to the core business; and
- Performing miscellaneous administrative duties, as needed.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Are organized and have strong project management skills that will help him/her to keep track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product;
- He/she understands shifting priorities, is comfortable navigating through ambiguous situations, and can juggle multiple and varied projects simultaneously;
- Are proactive, solutions-oriented, and ambitious;
- He/she possesses an insatiable desire for answers and will proactively seek out opportunities to enhance our practice;
- Can build strong relationships grounded in trust and consistently advise on practices that are of sound moral/ethical judgment;
- Always operate with the highest degree of integrity; and
- Communicate effectively, gearing messaging towards the target audience and employing strong negotiation and buy-in skills as needed.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.