Human Resources Associate
We are seeking an ambitious Human Resources Associate, who is passionate about employees, HR and education to join our Success Academies team.
The Human Resources team strategically supports employees across all of the Success Academy Charter Schools, creating a culture of joyful excellence. The team's initiatives range from new hire orientation, performance management, benefits & compensation analysis, to retention & development.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
Our Human Resources Associate will report directly to our Director of Human Resources and is someone who will…
- Build strong relationships grounded in trust and consistently advise on practices that are of sound moral/ethical judgment;
- Always operate with the highest degree of integrity;
- Communicate effectively, gearing messaging towards the target audience and employing strong negotiation and buy-in skills as needed;
- Apply technical HR acumen by demonstrating knowledge about state and federal labor, employment, and insurance law. Will also draw upon their HR skills to more strategically align HR to the core business;
- Perform detailed data analysis using their advanced excel skills (including nested formulas, pivot-tables, and formatting techniques) and keen attention to detail;
- Be proactive, solutions-oriented and ambitious. He/She possesses an insatiable desire for answers and will proactively seek out opportunities to enhance our practice;
- Be organized and have strong project management skills that will help him/her to keep track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product. He/She understands shifting priorities, is comfortable navigating through ambiguous situations and can juggle multiple and varied projects simultaneously;
- Collaborate with senior management and the Director of HR to proactively resolve employee relations issues;
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed.
To join our team, please upload a resume and cover letter that explains in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years working in Human Resources. PHR preferred.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top