Human Resources Associate
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Human Resources Operations Associate to join our Human Capital Management team.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Operations Associate will support employees across the Success Academy Network and Success Academy Charter Schools from new hire orientation to helping employees off-board.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administering onboarding activities including auditing paperwork, conducting the I-9/e-verify process, and entering new hires into our HRIS;
- Administering and evaluating all background checks for new hires;
- Assisting with the onboarding process for all employees including the coordination of training sessions and employee record collection for all new employees as needed throughout the year;
- Maintaining the New Hire website;
- Managing employee information changes (transfers, promotions, demotions, terminations, etc.), payroll and benefits updates, and changing information in appropriate systems;
- Producing accurate and detailed reports related to recruitment, compensation, diversity, EEO data and retention in response to audits, grants, and internal inquiries;
- Evaluating, researching and answering HR tickets;
- Tracking teacher certification, fingerprinting, and NCLB highly qualified status reporting to ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements;
- Assisting in codifying current HR department processes and work to streamline and develop a procedural guide to reflect various departmental practices;
- Participating in the support and maintenance of Workday HCM;
- Partnering with the Talent Team to execute the annual instructional placement and performance management process including data analysis, compensation forecasting, etc;
- Managing offboarding processes for both voluntary and involuntary terminations including: offboarding checklist for both employees, and their managers, conducting exit interviews, exit survey, calculating severance and PTO payout, processing unemployment claims, sending COBRA packages;
- Maintaining employee records and ensuring that they are 100% accurate and up to date at all times through employee file and I-9 audits; and
- Responding to employment verification requests.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Are organized and have strong project management skills that will help him/her to keep track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product;
- He/she understands shifting priorities, is comfortable navigating through ambiguous situations, and can juggle multiple and varied projects simultaneously;
- Are proactive, solutions-oriented, and ambitious;
- He/she possesses an insatiable desire for answers and will proactively seek out opportunities to enhance our practice;
- Can build strong relationships grounded in trust and consistently advise on practices that are of sound moral/ethical judgment;
- Always operate with the highest degree of integrity; and
- Communicate effectively, gearing messaging towards the target audience and employing strong negotiation and buy-in skills as needed.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top