High School Science Teacher
Our High School Science Teachers are results-driven educators who are passionate about science education. Your job is to work with students each day to implement innovative and college-level lessons, inspiring a love for science while developing critical thinking skills necessary to tackle any problem. You’ll hold your scholars to sky high standards and develop your skill as a teacher with the help of extraordinary colleagues and school leaders. Engaged in our mission to re-imagine public education, you will develop as a teacher and a professional faster and more intensely than ever before. This will be a compelling intellectual and educational adventure that will transform you as a person and while doing so you will impact hundreds of students’ lives.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In our High School of the Liberal Arts, teachers and scholars are redefining the components and values of an excellent education, sculpting the future of our high school model. We provide our scholars with the skills and experiences necessary for them to not only be accepted into the college of their dreams, but graduate within four years. To achieve exceptional results for students, we hire the best, brightest, and most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
As a High School Science Teacher, you will:
- Build a classroom culture in which students love science
- Teach students in a sophisticated computer and engineering workshop that includes a 3-D printer and a digital weaver
- Instruct students to program and build robotic and automated systems and study quantitative physics, such as electricity, magnetism, thermodynamics, and waves
- Develop strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics
- Collaborate to develop a model of excellence in high school science education
- Train with colleagues and school leaders and receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development
To be considered as a High School Science Teacher, you must:
- Have full-time teaching experience, preferably in the sciences, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
- Be a person of high moral character
- Be passionate about science and learning
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top