High School Physics Teacher
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need a results-driven High School Physics Teacher to join our school community.
The Success Academy High School of the Liberal Arts is our flagship high school, offering a rigorous and engaging academic experience to scholars prepared by our elementary and middle school programs. We are set apart by our intensive focus on college persistence, ensuring that our mainly minority and low-income students gain not only admission to college, but also the skills to flourish in and graduate from college in four years.
In this role, you will:
- Lead whole-class instruction and instruct small groups using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Facilitate scholars' increasing independence in developing their own scientific processes, from basic skills, to analyzing data, to fully internalizing the scientific method;
- Prepare scholars to take the Physics AP Exam in May;
- Engage in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support;
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and parents that drive students to love learning and make exceptional academic gains; and
- Join a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have full-time teaching experience, preferably in Physics, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- You possess a Bachelor's degree in Physics or related field, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or above;
- You exhibit high moral character;
- You display a passion for science;
- You are flexible and open to feedback;
- You show grit and perseverance; and
- You are interested in working in a collaborative environment.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top