We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and a high standard of excellence to join our high school community, and propel our efforts to put thousands of New York City kids on a trajectory of educational excellence.
The Success Academy High School of the Liberal Arts is our flagship high school, offering a rigorous and engaging academic experience to scholars prepared by our elementary and middle school programs. We are set apart by our intensive focus on college persistence, ensuring that our mainly minority and low-income students gain not only admission to college, but also the skills to flourish in and graduate from college in four years. We now need results-driven High School Math Teachers to join our school community
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love math and take pleasure in discovering diverse strategies to solve math problems;
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on the dual tenets of logic and reasoning;
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics;
- Skillfully orchestrating problem solving through multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle;
- Collaborating to develop a model of excellence in high school math education; and
-Training with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Have lead teaching experience, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about mathematics and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.