High School Math Teacher
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need results-driven High School Math Teachers to join our school community.
The Success Academy High School of the Liberal Arts is our flagship high school, offering a rigorous and engaging academic experience to scholars prepared by our elementary and middle school programs. We are set apart by our intensive focus on college persistence, ensuring that our mainly minority and low-income students gain not only admission to college, but also the skills to flourish in and graduate from college in four years.
In this role, you will:
- Build a classroom culture in which students love math and take pleasure in discovering diverse strategies to solve math problems;
- Teach students through an inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on the dual tenets of logic and reasoning;
- Develop strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics;
- Skillfully orchestrate problem solving through multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle;
- Collaborate to develop a model of excellence in high school math education; and
-Train with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
We'd be excited to hear from you if:
- You have lead teaching experience, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- You hold a Bachelor's degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- You are a person of high moral character; and
- You are passionate about mathematics and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top