As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Dean of Students to join our High School of the Liberal Arts Team.
Reporting to the Principal, the Dean of Students will set the vision for scholar and parent culture, and manage others to achieve that vision.
Key responsibilities include:
School Culture. Setting a vision for 9th grade scholar culture and working with the principal and leadership team to execute.
Managing Advisors. Managing advisors to meet the school goals (homework completion, school culture, work habits, GPA). Observe scholars and teachers and work with principal and leadership team to diagnose gaps and set priorities for school as a whole.
Scholar Management. Work with the principal to plan and execute scholar management system by working with scholar(s) involved, parents, advisors, and other stakeholders.
Parent Conversations. Build relationships and meet with parents to plan for their scholar success.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Exceptionally high standards for the quality of work and a reflex to improve at every turn;
- An eagerness to learn and growth mindset, which are of the utmost importance at Success Academy;
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and moral character;
- A demonstrated ability to deliver rigorous, engaging instruction;
- A record of exceptional student achievement; and
- An ability to build strong relationships with all constituents, thoughtfully navigate challenging situations, and get excellent results from others.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.