High School Associate Engineering Teacher - Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical, Environmental Engineering
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We are seeking hard-working, fast-learning, exceptional candidates to join our revolution.
We welcome candidates just starting their career or considering a change and provide our Associate Teachers with intensive summer training at Success Academy’s Education Institute, as well as ongoing professional development from experienced teachers and talented school leaders.
An ideal candidate will exude professionalism and self-awareness, relish the fast-track, take and implement feedback quickly, and possess a good sense of humor. Success Academy is disrupting the status quo so we need candidates with a deep-seated belief that all children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them and are excited to join the ed reform movement.
If you are ready to join this elite team, your key responsibilities would include:
- Leading whole-class instruction and teaching small groups using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Engaging students through an Honors STEM program to understand the foundations of engineering;
- Fostering inquisitiveness as students deepen their knowledge of problem solving, design and foundational engineering skills and processes;
- Training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support;
- Developing meaningful relationships with students and parents that drive students to love learning and make exceptional academic gains; and
- Joining a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical, Environmental Engineering or related field, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- GPA of 3.0 or above;
- High moral character;
- Flexibility and openness to feedback;
- Grit and perseverance; and
- Interest in working in a collaborative environment.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and extraordinary opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top