At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 46 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 15,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Success Academy seeks a Help Desk Manager to oversee the complex support processes that ensures technology resources are distributed, maintained, and effectively supported across our growing network of schools.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, our Help Desk Manager will manage, optimize and grow our help desk team. The Help Desk Manager is a service-focused, technical role attentive to the quality, timeliness, and completion of all reactive IT work, while being proactive in the continuous overall improvement of the levels of customer service provided. As the leader of our Help Desk team, you’ll set and raise the bar for all IT support while developing your team.
- Manage the help desk team and evaluate performance in line with business demands
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Cross-training of team members to ensure no single points of failure and a well rounded team
- Set specific customer service level standards, while managing Help Desk performance against these SLA’s
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Design and continuously improve Help Desk service level agreements and reporting
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams
- Manage and develop existing ticketing and service platforms (Zendesk, Zingtree)
- Work closely alongside the Manager of IT Infrastructure and Manager of IT Security to develop and support robust, comprehensive technical solutions
- On call after hours and weekends as business needs dictate
- Oversees all reactive support & other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with focus on problem solving and root cause analysis
- Proven work experience as a Help desk manager of a large team in a multi-site organization of at least 1000 staff and 20 or more locations
- Demonstrated ability to scale support to meet the needs of a growing organization
- Capacity for translating business problems into IT solutions
- Exudes a calm, professional demeanor while acting decisively and with urgency
- Ability to manage a crisis & declare incidents while managing a cross-skilled team
- Developing and executing on incident response protocols
- Proven track record of developing employees
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with the following products and vendors: Zendesk, Zingtree, Cisco Enterprise, Meraki, Jamf, Apple, Mac OS, iOS Google, Chrome OS, Chromebooks, Microsoft, Exchange, Active Directory, Printers, SMART boards and interactive panels, SMART Notebook, ActivInspire, and Promethean interactive panels
- Advocates for our schools, providing real-time support and thoughtful solutions with both IT and non-IT initiatives
Education and Experience
- Computer Science undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of ten plus employees supporting ten or more sites
- 3+ years supporting a Mac/iOS heavy environmentDemonstrable experience with technical documentation and writing
- Possesses some of the following certifications or equivalent professional experience: Jamf (CCT/A/E), CCNA, MCSA, ITIL
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.