Experienced Middle School Science Teacher (Grades 5-8)
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven, experienced Middle School Science Teacher to join our school community.
Success Academy has a science program like none other in the country. Beginning in kindergarten, scholars receive hands-on, inquiry-based science five days a week with a dedicated science teacher. Success Academy scientists conduct experiments and discuss observations, data, and results in the same way true scientists do. Our method of science instruction not only ignites a passion for science early in life, but it also provides scholars with the critical thinking skills necessary to tackle any problem.
At Success Academy, we incorporate the three main disciplines of science - Life, Physical and Earth - into each year's curriculum. On any given day, a scholar might dissect a squid, program a robot, or conduct scratch tests to identify minerals!
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love science and take pleasure in discovering diverse strategies to solve science problems;
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on the dual tenets of logic and reasoning;
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics;
- Skillfully orchestrating problem solving through multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle;
- Collaborating to develop a model of excellence in middle school science education; and
- Training with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have 1+ years of lead teaching experience, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about science and learning.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top