As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven, experienced Elementary School ICT Special Education Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom in which students love learning;
- Co-teaching a rigorous, inquiry-based curriculum;
- Implementing appropriate academic and behavioral modifications for students;
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students and creating investment in school culture and academics;
- Holding all students to extraordinarily high expectations, with the fundamental belief that special education students are capable of incredible growth and achievement;
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing data, studying student work, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students; and
- Training with colleagues and school leaders and receiving targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have lead teaching experience with a proven record of propelling student growth;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about learning.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.