Executive Support Associate, Office of the CEO
We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We are seeking an Executive Support Associate to play a critical role in supporting the daily priorities of our organization. Reporting directly to the founder and CEO, the Executive Support Associate is the first point of contact in the Office of the CEO. S/he serves as a primary resource for interactions with executive vice presidents, senior level staff, leaders, parents, and donors.
Do you work well under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience, discretion, diplomacy and accuracy? This role is for you.
As the Executive Support Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer to enable her to achieve her goals. This would involve maintaining an emerging synthesis of her projects, being able to proactively anticipate needs, and always managing a holistic view of priorities and deliverables;
- Representing the CEO in key communications with internal and external constituents, and building crucial relationships at all levels of the organization and beyond; and
- Organizing and setting priorities among a variety of complex tasks, including a high volume of regularly occurring work and a constantly changing array of special projects and calendar demands.
To achieve these responsibilities, you will:
- Schedule a complex and dynamic calendar, supervising the response to requests for the CEO’s time which can be complicated, time sensitive, highly confidential and can necessitate an appropriate setting of expectations;
- Act as liaison between the Office of the CEO and all departments/staff within the organization, as well as key external constituents (including, but not limited to: board members, high level donors, and government officials);
- Field telephone calls and visit requests; decide daily which inquiries can be handled directly, which to refer elsewhere, and which should be addressed by the CEO;
- Identify, prepare and compile necessary materials to ensure that the CEO has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, events and projects;
- Organize, manage, and provide administrative support for special projects and events; undertake research projects; and collect and analyzes data as background for meetings and special projects; and
- Manage administrative procedures, workflow, and communications for the Office of the CEO, including monitoring and approving expenses for the department accounts.
We would be excited to hear from you if:
- You think at the goal level (versus task) and demonstrate good logic; you anchor your work in the high level goals and priorities of the CEO and the organization;
- You exhibit excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple urgent priorities with high attention to detail in a dynamic environment;
- You build strong relationships with diverse audiences, and can effectively manage communications with constituents at all levels of an organization;
- You possess a high degree of discernment, tact, and integrity as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the office;
- You are comfortable in an environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, and adaptability to changing needs and demands are required, as well as the need to work longer hours as circumstances require;
- You demonstrate initiative and can plan ahead to anticipate the CEO’s needs; you are comfortable working independently and can do so with accuracy;
- You have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.3 GPA and 1+ years of experience working in a fast-paced environment; and
- You are highly proficient with computer equipment including MAC, iPhone and iPad, and the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.
Back to top