We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Executive Assistant to join our Springfield Gardens school community in Queens for the 2017-2018 school year.
Reporting to the Principal, the Executive Assistant will have a broad set of responsibilities that range from supporting our Principal directly, to supporting the day-to-day operations of the larger School Leadership team. Please note, this is a school-based position at our Springfield Gardens location in Queens, and has an immediate start date.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support with managing the Principal’s calendar, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and school visits with school leaders and central “Network” office leadership;
- Act as liaison between the Principal and our Network departments/staff within the organization;
- Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to ensure the Principal has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, and special projects;
- Format and proofread scholar-facing and leader-facing materials;
- Own and improve existing processes that support the School Leadership team; and
- Support the Principal with various ad-hoc projects and other administrative duties as needed.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experiences and characteristics:
- 2-5 years of experience supporting a high-level executive in a fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience in handling communications with senior executives a plus;
- High degree of judgment, tact, and professionalism, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the organization;
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and data gathering skills and ability to manage multiple shifting priorities;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading, document processing and relaying messages;
- Ability to be proactive and work both independently and as part of a team, exercising a strong work ethic and commitment to completing work on a timely basis; and
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and adaptability to changing needs and demands, and willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.