Executive Assistant to the Principal - Brooklyn
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Executive Assistant to join our school community.
Reporting to the Principal of one of our Success Academy Brooklyn locations, the Executive Assistant will have a broad set of responsibilities that range from supporting our Principal directly, to supporting the day-to-day operations of the larger School Leadership team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support with managing the Principal’s calendar, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and school visits with school leaders and central “Network” office leadership;
- Act as liaison between the Principal and our Network departments/staff within the organization;
- Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to ensure the Principal has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, and special projects;
- Format and proofread scholar-facing and leader-facing materials;
- Own and improve existing processes that support the School Leadership team; and
- Support the Principal with various ad-hoc projects and other administrative duties as needed.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- 2-5 years of experience supporting a high-level executive in a fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience in handling communications with senior executives a plus;
- High degree of judgment, tact, and professionalism, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the organization;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and data-gathering skills and ability to manage multiple shifting priorities;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading, document processing and relaying messages;
- Ability to be proactive and work both independently and as part of a team, exercising a strong work ethic and commitment to completing work on a timely basis; and
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and adaptability to changing needs and demands, and willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top