Executive Assistant to the Principal - Brooklyn
We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Reporting to the Principal of one our Success Academy school locations, the Executive Assistant will have a broad set of responsibilities that range from supporting our Principal directly, to supporting the day-to-day operations of the larger School Leadership team.
Please note, this is a school-based position that we have multiple openings for at various SA school locations. Only apply to this posting if you are open to being placed at a school in Brooklyn.
In this role you will:
- Manage the Principal’s calendar, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and school visits with school leaders, parents, and Network office leadership;
- Liaise between the Principal and other staff within the organization, including high-level leadership;
- Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to ensure the Principal has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, and special projects;
- Format and proofread scholar-facing and leader-facing materials;
- Maintain tracking and reporting within student databases;
- Own and improve existing processes that support the School Leadership team; and
- Support the Principal with various ad-hoc projects and other administrative duties as needed.
We'd be excited to hear from you if:
- You have 1-3 years of administrative coordination experience in a dynamic environment;
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and have experience building interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences;
- You possess a high degree of professionalism, tact, and integrity, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the organization;
- You have strong organizational, problem-solving and data-gathering skills and are able to handle multiple shifting priorities;
- You are meticulous in your attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading, document processing, and relaying messages;
- You can work both independently and as part of a team, exercising a strong work ethic and dedication to completing work on a timely basis; and
- You are flexible, resourceful and adaptable to changing needs and demands, and willing to work longer hours as circumstances require.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.
Back to top