Executive Assistant to the EVP of Advancement
The department of Advancement consists of several teams that are critical to fulfilling the Success Academy mission. This department leads our effort to secure critical resources, broaden our community of support and strengthen our outreach to all constituencies. We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our Advancement Team and provide support to the Executive Vice President and her team. The ideal candidate will enjoy being one step ahead of a busy executive and have experience handling a wide range of administrative projects while exuding high levels of efficiency when executing long and short-term projects.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
Our Executive Assistant will report to our Executive Vice President of Advancement, and should be someone who will...
- Assist with managing the highly demanding schedule of our EVP on a daily basis, ensuring her schedule is executed in a timely manner with all prep documents ready and reviewed in advance.
- Assist with internal and external correspondence, drafting communications and developing sophisticated presentations for multiple audiences including government officials, vendors, school staff, parents, and students.
- Assist with special event logistics as needed (school tours, off site meetings, staff meetings, school events, etc.) and address a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor.
- Maintain an organized and up to date expense management system, filing system and contacts database.
- Manage incoming requests by prioritizing, researching and responding to or delegating responses as needed, ensuring seamless communication between teams with real-time progress updates.
- Act as liaison on behalf of the EVP and other departments/staff within the organization, as well as external parties, employing diplomacy in all interactions.
- Organize, manage, and provide administrative support for special projects, thinking logically through each step of a project and finding thoughtful solutions.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and organization, and have at least 1 year of experience working in a fast paced, results-driven environment.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top