As a part of our commitment to excellence, Success Academy places special emphasis on our events throughout our organization, both internal and external-facing. As part of our Development team, our growing events program partners closely with Network and school-based teams to create, grow, and execute world-class events for external and internal constituencies, including board members and other supporters, network and schooling leadership, educators across the network, and more.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 children. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
We are currently seeking an Events Coordinator to join the Development team and support the planning, growth, and execution of special events. The Events Coordinator will focus on fundraising and cultivation events, including the annual Spring Benefit and NYC Marathon, Network-based events, schooling-focused events, organization-wide events, and other special events throughout the year.
Our Events Coordinator will report to our Associate Director of Events and should be an individual who…
- Is a passionate events and development professional with 1-3 years of direct experience in special events and/or fundraising;
- Possesses a strong understanding of the value of every detail involved in event planning, while ensuring timeliness and excellence of all events across our Network;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, non-profit organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are valorized;
- Is detail-oriented, personable and polished, and well-organized;
- Possesses superb writing and communications skills and a can-do attitude;
- Has an incredibly high bar, constantly and consistently drives for excellence; and
- Understands the importance of fostering productive relationships with school and network-based teams, vendors, and other constituents to drive the goals of the Development Events team and the greater organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting the Associate Director of Events with the strategic planning processes and execution for internal community building events, external workshops and conferences, and board relations and fundraising events. Scope of events includes but is not limited to the following:
- Annual Spring BenefitCultivation and Stewardship events
- Organization-wide school year kick-off event for 2,000+ people
- End of school year celebration events, including an all-Network event for 300+ people
- Network-wide events 6-8 times per year
- Breakfasts, dinners, and receptions throughout the year
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact to recruit, manage, and support the fundraising running team for the annual New York City Marathon;
- Support with the planning and execution of all logistical event arrangements, including vendor research, selection, and management; venue scouting and selection; budget management; transportation; staffing/training; communication/outreach; programming; set-up/take-down, etc.;
- Support with developing and managing systems surrounding event production to ensure continued improvement and scalability, including collection and response to feedback;
- Support with the planning and execution of cross-departmental events; and
- Track event expenses and submit and monitor payment of invoices.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top