As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
Success Academy was founded with the dual mission of building outstanding schools in New York City and advancing educational progress across the country. This fall, we achieved a milestone in pursuit of this dual mission, with the opening of our Robertson Center at Hudson Yards.
Through its extensive educator- and public-facing programming, the Robertson Center will serve as a powerful engine to make great schooling a reality for more and more children, nationwide, and even globally. Now, we need a dynamic Events and Engagement Associate to join our founding team.
The Robertson Center brings together a state-of-the-art training facility with Success Academy’s first K-8 Lab School, providing a one-of-a-kind setting to innovate and reimagine pre-K-12 public education. As a physical space, the Center will mobilize educators and the broader education ecosystem to look for innovative solutions to deep-seated educational challenges — and through the Lab School, give them both real-time inspiration and practical demonstration of ways to reimagine public education. With specialized programs sponsored by the Center, we will accelerate the vitally important work of sharing and operationalizing our tested approach to pre-K-12 education beyond the walls of Success Academy’s 40+ schools.
The Events and Engagement Associate should have 2-4 years of work experience in events, marketing, or related fields. A successful candidate will:
- Exhibit outstanding attention to detail;
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully manage competing priorities, with experience creating systems to stay organized;
- Demonstrate an understanding of or interest in the pillars of effective brand- and audience-building;
- Excel in verbal and written communication skills;
- Exude professionalism, providing exceptional customer service and creating a welcoming environment for all Center visitors and program participants;
- Thrive on feedback and have an appetite to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment;
- Identify as a proactive go-getter energized by the opportunity to be part of a founding team;
- Be available to work evenings and weekends, as necessary; and
- Believe deeply in the urgent need to close the educational opportunity gap for all students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Executive Director to develop a full calendar of engaging public programming, including workshops, trainings, conferences, speaker series, read-a-thons, ceremonies and celebrations;
- Supporting the planning and execution of all logistical event arrangements, including vendor research, selection, and management; budget management; transportation; staffing/training; communication/outreach; programming; setup/take-down, etc.;
- Overseeing outreach for all events, ensuring all events are well-tailored to targeted audiences and well-attended;
- Support with developing and managing systems surrounding event production to ensure continued improvement and scalability, including collection and response to feedback;
- Working closely with the Audience Engagement Manager to develop strategy and draft copy and content to engage a robust online audience, and to serve as a bridge between the Center’s live programming and its digital community;
- Working closely with the Network-based and School-based Events teams to ensure consistent sharing of best practices;
- Tracking event expenses and submitting and monitoring payment of invoices;
- Building relationships across members of the network and school community; and
- Identifying opportunities to leverage events to better meet the needs of key constituents (educators and the broader education ecosystem of parents, students, civic/business/non-profit leaders, etc.).
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.