English Curriculum Developer
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need a results-driven Associate - English Curriculum Writer to join our Academics team.
As part of the English Curriculum Team, the English Curriculum Writer will help revolutionize our inquiry-based program by developing curriculum and instructional resources for teachers and leaders.
In this role, you will:
- Revise existing English curriculum materials, including unit plans and assessments, in response to student achievement data and to ensure that instruction is aligned to standards;
- Observe literacy instruction across our network of schools to prioritize next steps for curriculum planning to ensure that instruction is implemented at a consistently high level across the network;
- To support curriculum content creation for other courses in our 5-12 English program.
A successful applicant will have the following skills, characteristics, and values:
- Demonstrated content knowledge expertise in middle and high school grades literature;
- Knowledge of written literary analysis;
- Talent in logistics and project management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Extremely strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexibly;
- Passion for education.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top