Elementary Science Manager - Instructional Management
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Science Manager to join our Academics team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Elementary Science, the Science Manager will help revolutionize our inquiry-based science program by developing and leading training for teachers and leaders, and work directly with school staff to support their instructional management of science.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and leading professional development sessions on science curricula and pedagogy for leaders and teachers;
- Observing science instruction across our network of schools to support school leaders in prioritizing next steps for teachers to ensure that science instruction is implemented at a consistently high level across the network;
- Creating systems to ensure leaders and teachers are using data to drive science instruction; and
- Supporting the curriculum and assessment team through strong communication of school and network-wide trends.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Has a proven passion for hands on, inquiry-based science education;
- Deeply believes that great science instruction provides access to deep content knowledge balanced with scientific critical thinking skills, meaningful scientific discourse, and productive struggle;
- Has proven ability to analyze assessment data to inform instructional decisions;
- Can maintain departmental databases and tracking systems;
- Has experience with teacher or leader professional development;
- Possesses superior communication skills;
- Can own and improve existing processes that support the larger team;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, and innovation are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top