Elementary Science Associate - Instructional Management
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Science Associate to join our Academics team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Elementary Science, the Science Associate will help revolutionize our inquiry-based science program by supporting the Instructional Management Team with data analysis, training, and development of instructional resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Observing science instruction across our network of schools to support school leaders in prioritizing next steps for teachers to ensure that science instruction is implemented at a consistently high level across the network;
- Analyzing data and student work to devise school and network-wide action plans to support student achievement in science;
- Creating systems to ensure leaders and teachers are using data to drive science instruction;
- Supporting the instructional management team with developing, leading, and organizing large scale training for elementary science teachers and leaders; and
- Creating systems with the curriculum and assessment team to communication of school and network-wide trends that will support in curricular and assessment revisions.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Has a proven passion for hands on, inquiry-based science education;
- Deeply believes that great science instruction provides access to deep content knowledge balanced with scientific critical thinking skills, meaningful scientific discourse, and productive struggle;
- Has proven ability to analyze assessment data to inform instructional decisions;
- Can maintain departmental databases and tracking systems;
- Has experience with teacher professional development;
- Possesses superior communication skills;
- Can own and improve existing processes that support the larger team;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, and innovation are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top