Elementary School SETSS Special Education Teacher
Our SETSS Special Education Teachers are results-driven educators who are passionate about holding extraordinarily high expectations for all students. We are looking for strong teachers who want to re-imagine public education. Approximately 12-20% of our students have IEPs, and many struggle with a variety of learning challenges and require SETSS. Nonetheless, our students with disabilities have consistently outperformed district general education students. We are seeking SETSS teachers who believe in their students and have sky-high expectations when working with students with disabilities. This will be a compelling intellectual and educational adventure that will transform you as a person and while doing so you will impact hundreds of students’ lives.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, the brightest, and the most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
As an Elementary School SETSS Special Education Teacher, you will:
- Build a culture in which students love learning
- Provide targeted instruction to students in need of small group support
- Implement academic interventions using push-in and pull-out models
- Lead the Response to Intervention (RtI) process, providing interventions for students
- Develop strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics
- Hold all students to extraordinarily high expectations, with the fundamental belief that special education students are capable of incredible growth and achievement
- Drive academic outcomes by analyzing data, studying student work, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
- Train with colleagues and school leaders and receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development
To be considered as an Elementary School SETSS Special Education Teacher, you must:
- Have lead teaching experience with a proven record of propelling student growth
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
- Be a person of high moral character
- Be passionate about learning
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top