Elementary School Math Associate
At Success Academy, we believe that mathematics teaching should actively engage scholars in learning experiences that stimulate curiosity, inquiry, enjoyment, and a deep understanding of mathematics. This comes from instruction that goes beyond teaching math as a series of procedures, shortcuts, or card tricks. As an Elementary School Math Associate, you will join a team that is transforming the way mathematics is taught.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars
With our rapid growth and commitment to excellence, Success Academy is seeking an Elementary School Math Associate — someone who will help us revolutionize how we teach elementary school mathematics and support our growing team of math teachers and leaders.
As a member of the Schooling Team, our Elementary School Math Associate should be someone who…
- Is a visionary instructional designer with a deep understanding of mathematics and inquiry-based mathematics teaching practices;
- Has the proven ability to design engaging and rigorous curriculum and assessment materials that inspire intellectual curiosity and a love of math;
- Deeply believes that great mathematics instruction incorporates multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle;
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop concise and compelling content;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top