Educational Writing Fellowships
Success Academy Charter Schools is excited to announce Educational Writing Fellowships. This Fellowship is a two-year program that offers emerging writers interested in education reform with intensive, high-level experience writing in a variety of forms--from speeches to research papers to press releases to blog posts--while working for the fastest growing and highest performing network of charter schools in the nation. At Success Academy, our mission is to provide children with opportunity, empower parents with choice, and prove once and for all that zip codes do not determine destiny. Since opening our first Harlem school in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 34 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx. We are now scaling to 100 great schools across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. At the vanguard of educational reform, Success Academy has an ever-increasing need to effectively communicate--often in real time--with both internal and external constituencies. Our Educational Writing Fellows would join our Communications Team, but would have the opportunity to work with a myriad of teams at our Network on strategic, creative, deliberate written communications. For example, Fellows may work with the CEO and Executive Team to draft speeches, with the Operations Team on emergency parent communications, and with the Policy Team on position papers, all the while learning about our school design and philosophy and the political and educational landscape in New York.
A successful Educational Writing Fellow will be someone who...
- Has strong writing and editing abilities and a sense for what makes a great story;
- Can distill complex situations and ideas into simple, powerful arguments;
- Skillfully handles pressure--both time pressure and high stakes;
- Has extreme attention to detail and is a precise, accurate writer and fact checker;
- Is dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement, while avoiding the pitfalls of perfectionism;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are valorized;
- Is passionate about education reform; and
- Is a learner.
Fellows must make a two-year commitment to Success Academy. Permanent positions may be offered to successful Fellows at the conclusion of the Fellowship. To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top