We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Training Coordinator to join our Education Institute team.
Over the past decade, Success Academies has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle and high schools. Our 15,000 children – mostly poor and minority – are out-performing students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest students in 11th grade, we are fast approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not determine destiny.
Our goals for our second decade are even more ambitious: to grow to 100 schools, to educate 50,000 children across New York City in a uniquely holistic pre-k-12 system, and to demonstrate that excellence can be achieved at scale. With this rapid growth and trajectory, Success will dramatically increase in the size of our faculty and staff and will need to train thousands of educators every year – not only in Success Academy’s school design and the art and science of exceptional teaching, but also in areas such as managerial capacity, operational excellence, professionalism, and leadership. This is a significant enterprise: each of our educators receives about 13 weeks of intensive year-round training, and our renowned curriculum and training are also in high demand from educators across the country.
To meet these challenges, Success has launched its state-of-the-art Ed Institute, which provides a sophisticated digital environment for our innovative scholar curriculum, adult e-learning courses and other training resources -- combined with the in-person practice and coaching that is foundational to our approach to adult learning. The Ed Institute will give us the capacity to train thousands of our own educators, as well as spur innovation and to share our model and best practices with other charter management organizations and districts around the country.
To bring this critically important endeavor to scale, Success seeks to hire an Ed Institute Training Coordinator who will be responsible for logistics and execution of blended learning, as well as supporting multiple projects including training for teachers, senior leaders, operations and Network staff. Our Ed Institute Training Coordinator has the exciting opportunity to…
- Provide facilities and logistics support for on-site training programming and seminars provided by vendors;
- Coordinate project execution and support multiple training programs throughout the year including managing inventory of appropriate venues, catering providers, necessary audio/visual tools, and other resources for successful training implementation;
- Build and manage web pages to surface learning content;
- Market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information;
- Work with Program Managers to develop and support instructional design initiatives;
- Collect and analyze participant feedback data to assess training needs on an ongoing and consistent basis;
- Discover and learn about the various roles that exist across the organization, and ultimately work towards building specialist knowledge of particular roles and/or departments;
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with school and network-based teams, and vendors.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a Bachelor's degree, 0-2 years of professional exeprience and a high level of professionalism and organization.
The ideal candidate must also demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Data Management and Analysis. Experience with creation of evaluation tools, data analysis and reporting is preferred.
- Passion for Learning. Proactively seeks development and external feedback to improve self and work products, and shares lessons-learned with colleagues.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making. Proactively identifies and assesses problems, and utilizes available resources to implement and communicate efficient solutions, assess outcomes, and make necessary adjustments.
- Relationship Management. Employs a variety of interpersonal tools to build and maintain positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders and achieve desired results.
- Systems Innovation. Evaluates systems continuously, seeks improvement, and shares innovations with the Network to strengthen overall organizational processes.
- Flexibility and Adaptability. Views unknown situations with a critical lens, and welcomes frequent change and ambiguity.
- Dedication to Mission. Committed to improving public education and supporting our schools.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.