The mission of Success Academies is to reimagine public education. From the classroom to the halls of government, this means finding profoundly different approaches to how we structure, implement, and support schooling. To realize our radical vision, we reconceive every aspect of school design, from writing rigorous new curricula to drawing regularly on the advances in technology, business, and social/civic practices that are transforming every sector except education.
Over the past decade, Success Academies has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle, and high schools. Our 15,500 children – mostly poor and minority – are out-performing students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest students in 12th grade, we are fast approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not determine destiny.
Our goals for our second decade are even more ambitious: to grow to 100 schools, to educate 50,000 children across New York City in a uniquely holistic pre-k - 12 system, and to demonstrate that excellence can be achieved at scale. With this rapid growth and trajectory, Success Academy will dramatically increase in the size of our faculty and staff and will need to train thousands of educators every year – not only in Success Academy’s school design and the art and science of exceptional teaching, but also in areas such as managerial capacity, operational excellence, professionalism, and leadership.
To bring this critically important endeavor to scale, Success Academy seeks to hire a Director of Training & Development for the Operations Division who can focus on the content training and professional development for our operational staff across our 46 schools and at our central network office. Working within our central network office, our Director of Training & Development, Operations will report directly to our Chief Operations Officer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Appropriately differentiating training programs and initiatives across all Operations positions and other segmentations by effectively incorporating blended learning solutions;
- Partnering with senior managers and subject matter experts to review all submitted content, clarify learning objectives and ensure requirements for each course meet the learning needs of adult learners;
- Driving team processes that push the blended learning agenda, including collecting project intake forms, synthesizing responses, tracking workstreams, and writing briefs to secure resources from adjacent teams;
- Building an effective quality assurance system as well as analyzing performance and outcome data to inform continuous improvement of training and development programs;
- Managing vendor relationships with external training and content providers;
- Contributing valuable thinking around the design and delivery of various talent and career development programs;
- Managing a geographic cohort of schools to support school-based operational objectives; and
- Effectively contributing to our employee development experience inside a high growth company enabling the ongoing evolution of company leadership and the overall organization.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experiences and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in training and adult education with knowledge of talent development practices;
- Demonstrated success in organization-wide change and project management from concept through implementation and follow-up evaluation;
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written;
- Dynamic presentation skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate and collaborate;
- Demonstrated success in leveraging technology for education and development;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite products and project management software; and
- Analytical problem solving ability with extraordinary attention to detail.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.