Director of Renovations and Facilities
Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, efficient, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. With our rapid growth, Success Academy is seeking an experienced Director of Renovations and Facilities to lead construction projects and support in facilities management across our existing and new schools.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Working within our central office, our Director of Renovations and Facilities will report directly to our Chief Operations Officer and should be someone who...
- Has extensive experience in overseeing building construction across multiple school sites within budget and short time frames;
- Has experience in developing budgets and cost estimates required to facilitate project approvals;
- Understands how to navigate the complexities of obtaining necessary facility permits (zoning, certificate of occupancy, inspection, permits, etc.) with government agencies;
- Is qualified in sourcing contractors and vendors through contract development, bid management, uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements;
- Explores creative solutions to develop and refine preventative maintenance programs across our network of schools;
- Knows how to leverage relationships to build successful partnerships in navigating bureaucratic or administrative hurdles to achieve organizational objectives;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and creative disruption are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years working in construction, facilities and project management.
To join our team, please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Director of Renovations and Facilities at Success Academy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Back to top