As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Director of Project Management to join our Creative Agency.
The SA Creative Agency is a full service brand strategy, marketing and creative division within Success Academy Charter Schools -- New York City’s largest and fastest growing charter school network. Against business goals and creative and cultural trends, we partner with internal clients to define the value proposition, develop strategic insights and create marketing campaigns and other creative content to help redefine what’s possible in K-12 public education.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Business Development and Marketing, the Director of Project Management will build a high performance project management office responsible for managing and coordinating all projects and campaigns across the agency. The Director is also responsible for creating and maintaining a collaborative and effective work environment by successfully managing relationships with internal stakeholders and external agencies. The Director will also manage two experienced project managers.
The Director will need to develop robust yet nimble project and program systems to drive effective delivery across a wide array of projects including intake and tracking, budgeting and team resource allocation and impact assessments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the driving force, managing teams (both internal and external) toward on-time and high quality project delivery;
- Ensuring standardized approaches and templates are created, maintained and shared across the project teams (e.g., project plans, workflows, timelines, meeting agendas, summaries, etc.);
- Prioritizing programs and projects based on changing business needs, resource capacity/ constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies;
- Acting as a key escalation point for complex problems and support business and operations team in resolving critical issues;
- Collaborating with finance and agency leaders to develop and manage the overall agency budget as well as that of specific projects and programs (cost estimation approaches, project forecasting, resource allocation, and re-allocations, etc.); and
- Cultivating business relationships internally and externally and helping to maintain the department as a “go to” resource for information and expertise.
A successful applicant will have the following experience and characteristics:
- 8+ years of experience delivering complex projects in fast-paced environments, ideally in an agency or start-up;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- PMP/PMI certified or related certifications a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels;
- Strong leader with executive presence and experience leading high performing teams;
- Ability to accomplish goals by managing individuals both through traditional reporting structure and through dotted line relationships across multiple departments;
- Willingness to challenge business partners to better understand their needs and other partners to ensure optimal results;
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting;
- Ability to launch projects on time and on strategy, and to anticipate shifting priorities, partner approvals, technical hurdles, etc.;
- Knowledge of content and media production practices and tools, including content management systems, project tracking systems; and
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex budgets.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.