Director of Operations - Facilities & Renovations
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need an experienced, results-driven Director of Facilities & Renovations to join our Network Operations team.
Success Academy's commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the maintenance of safe, functional, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars.
Reporting to our Managing Director of Operations & Real Estate, the Director of Facilities & Renovations will lead operational objectives for facilities and renovations across our current network of 45 schools, and will chart the path forward to meet our scaling objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive vision, oversight, and leadership for the annual maintenance and renovation of Success Academy's 45+ schools and growing;
- Proactively build and sustain partnerships with critical external partners including Department of Education (Division of School Facilities) and the School Construction Authority to collaborate and execute large scale projects with many stakeholders and other government agencies;
- Develop, coach, and lead a team of facilities and renovations professionals to effectively execute corrective and preventive maintenance on projects ranging from $100K to $20M that optimally support SA's enterprise goals;
- Achieve operational objectives by identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change that supports our standard of operational excellence;
- Direct an efficient work order system and interdepartmental communications to ensure repairs of facilities, infrastructure, and equipment meet acceptable timelines;
- Oversee contract services associated with facilities, maintenance, custodial cleaning, and waste management/recycling to ensure timelines, budgets, and quality controls are met; and
- Promote Success Academy values of excellence, teamwork, humor, ownership, and commitment to scholars.
We'd be excited to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience building, leading, and cultivating teams of facilities, renovations, and project management professionals in a high expectations and fast paced environment;
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Facility Management, or a related discipline (i.e IFMA of BOMI certification);
- You possess in-depth knowledge of facilities management software platforms and experience implementing platforms across multiple facilities;
- You have prior experience managing multiple complex projects with unwavering deadlines;
- You can successfully develop project plans that forecast challenges and reflect a strong understanding of our operational school model;
- You thoughtfully and swiftly take action in an environment of change and ambiguity, while partnering with the necessary stakeholders and managing communication and change management;
- You balance competing demands and priorities in planning, managing, and executing key facilities issues;
- You have direct experience working with governmental partners such as Department of Education (Division of School Facilities) and the School Construction Authority;
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills, and are adept at communicating with stakeholders and decision makers across multiple constituent groups; and
- You are a strong advocate for our schools who consistently demonstrates excellence and innovation in their facilities and aesthetics, and support our growing operations teams to do the same.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top