Director of IT Infrastructure and Customer Support
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
We are seeking a Director of IT to join our Data Science and Information Systems (DSIS) department, which provides the software, analysis, and technical infrastructure needed to provide our scholars, teachers, and school leaders the support they need. DSIS’s purpose is to help everyone at Success work better, more efficiently, and with access to all available sources of information.
Our Director of IT will be responsible for building real products that have an immediate effect on our organization and scholars. Reporting directly to our Managing Director, s/he will be comfortable jumping in the deep end and learning new skills, and should be someone who can…
- Plan and implement the overall IT system architecture for the organization and oversee security, quality, and availability of networking technology across all schools (currently over 40 sites and expected to grow to at least 100);
- Manage service providers, vendors, external contractors, consultants, and partners;
- Establish policies, standards, practices and security measures to safeguard information resources;
- Review and align with pre-construction, construction and post construction planning phases;
- Develop meaningful KPI’s, monitor performance of helpdesk employees, as well as provide feedback in order to achieve continuous talent development;
- Analyze complex business needs and recommend technical solutions and system design.
An ideal candidate will also demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Leadership and management experience in IT – both staff and systems;
- Managing a successful services team;
- Managing IT operations for multiple locations with a wide spectrum of technologies;
- Dealing with both technical and non-technical business stakeholders;
- IT risk and control standards and processes (PCI DSS, ISO, ITIL), regulatory compliance requirements, asset management and internal audit concepts preferred;
- Managing many ongoing projects and deadlines in a constantly-changing, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills;
- Familiarity with various network topologies and protocols, such as MPLS and Bonjour;
- Familiarity with best practices regarding user authentication utilizing SSO and cloud-based directories.
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top