We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school.
Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, efficient, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. With our rapid growth, Success Academy is seeking an experienced Director of Construction to lead our Renovations team by overseeing high-profile, dynamic, fast-paced construction projects across our new and existing schools.
Working within our central “network” office, our Director of Construction will report directly to our Operations Chief of Staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide end-to-end project management, managing all aspects of construction projects including, but not limited to:
- Overseeing building construction across 40+ school sites with projects ranging in size and budget while adhering to hard and fast deadlines;
- Sourcing contractors and vendors through contract development, bid management, uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements;
- Developing detailed project budgets based on historical and market data, using cost estimates to facilitate project approvals;
- Obtaining necessary facility permits (zoning, certificate of occupancy, inspection, permits, etc.);
- Building and maintaining successful partnerships with various stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives and ensure that specific deliverables and performance standards are executed; and
- Providing leadership and performance management to internal Renovations team members while overseeing vendor progress to track each aspect of project performance against set deliverables.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experiences and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in Project/Renovations/Construction Management;
- Experience with all aspects of construction management projects, including Budgeting, Scheduling, Submittals, Change orders and Closeout;
- Previous experience effectively leading an internal team, training and evaluating several project managers at various levels;
- Demonstrated high level of performance in project budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at various levels and hold parties accountable to organizational standards;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite products and project management software; and
- Analytical problem solving ability with extraordinary attention to detail.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.