Director of Certification
We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school.
To meet these challenges, Success has launched the Education Institute, to drive the organization-wide training and development strategy for adult learners. The Ed Institute provides a sophisticated digital environment for housing our innovative scholar curriculum, adult e-learning courses, and other training resources — combined with the in-person practice and coaching that is foundational to our approach to adult learning. The Ed Institute will give us the capacity to train thousands of our own educators, as well as to spur innovation and to share our model and best practices with other charter management organizations and districts around the country.
To bring this critically important endeavor to scale, Success seeks to hire a Director of Certification to oversee certification programs (both in-house and those conducted through partnerships), responsible for execution and operations, such as eligibility, enrollment, verification, transcript, and graduation processing for teachers across a network of 47 schools, as well as developing a long-term vision and strategy for the growth and scaling of the Program.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Ed Institute, the Director will be responsible for:
- Driving the operational strategy for a teacher certification program, with the goal of ensuring Program requirements are clearly communicated to participants, and satisfied;
- Compiling, monitoring, and analyzing learning data, in order to track participant progress towards certification status and ensure that Program milestones are met;
- Generating and presenting executive-level reporting and updates, to regulators, board members, finance committees, and internal department heads;
- Forecasting Program expenses and providing inputs and oversight of Program budget;
- Regularly partnering, consulting, and communicating with internal departments such as School Management Office, Communications, Human Resources Operations, Training Services, and Technology, to ensure that all components of the Program remain relevant, and are being delivered and assessed effectively, as designed;
- Maintaining knowledge of changes to certification reporting requirements and compliance regulations, and regularly reviewing policies and procedures to ensure accurate, compliant, and timely certification; and
- Plan, manage, and monitor the development of MOOCs and other online resources and participant-facing communications.
The Director of Certification should be someone who…
- Has 5+ years relevant experience in areas of masters and certification programs, compliance, regulatory reporting, human resources, or training and development;
- Has experience managing enterprise-level projects that involve cross-functional departments and complex systems;
- Can confidently lead an organization through a period of significant procedural change;
- Is comfortable synthesizing large data-sets and presenting key findings to C-suite executives;
- Speaks with authority, and can influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Is proactive, finds solutions to complex problems with an analytical mindset and sense of urgency;
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Is highly organized with proven ability to oversee multiple projects, ensuring deadlines are consistently met;
- Exhibits a high level of grit and determination;
- Is a learner; and
- Is committed to education reform.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top