Director of Buildings Acquisitions
Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, efficient, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. With our rapid growth, Success Academy is seeking an experienced Director of Building Acquisitions to identify, source, and procure new school buildings to meet our growing demand.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Working within our central office, our Director of Building Acquisitions will report directly to our Chief Operations Officer and should be someone who...
- Has extensive knowledge of real estate development process including broker management, negotiation, real estate contracts, demographic analysis, financial analysis, site plans and zoning;
- Has experience in areas of financial budgeting, planning and forecasting as it relates to the school building acquisitions for a fast-growing organization;
- Is an experienced leader who can lead a team of multidisciplinary professionals (Real Estate Brokers, Architects, Engineers, etc.) to open new school locations;
- Is solutions-driven and capable of all oversight and facilitation of quarterly portfolio review (QPR) process, which makes strategic decisions on all new schools buildings, lease renewals, and school expansions;
- Knows how to leverage relationships to build successful partnerships in navigating bureaucratic or administrative hurdles to achieve organizational objectives;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and creative disruption are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years working in Real Estate and facilities development.
To join our team, please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Director of Building Acquisitions at Success Academy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Back to top