We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Director of Advocacy to join our Public Affairs Team.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Public Affairs, the Director of Advocacy will ensure that all parent mobilization needs are met, including the coordination of large rallies (15,000+ people) and small events (press conferences, community events, meetings with elected and community leaders, etc.).
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating a sustainable, scalable operation that leverages school communities to meet overall advocacy needs;
- Developing and executing plans for outreach to and engagement of community partners;
- Representing Success Academy nationally on advocacy issues and leading events such as workshops and conferences; and
- Being knowledgeable of ed reform and current political landscape to assist in preparing advocacy grant proposals and reports.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience in positions that involve parent and community engagement, as well as experience leading advocacy efforts that have produced meaningful change;
- Are an exceptionally hard worker and person of high moral character that can successfully manage a team of like-minded individuals;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate advocacy needs to families and staff; and
- Are a nimble problem solver and skilled project manager, able to deliver first-rate results.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.