The mission of Success Academy is to reimagine public education. This means finding profoundly different approaches to how we structure, implement, and support schooling. To realize our radical vision, we reconceive every aspect of school design, from writing rigorous new curricula to drawing regularly on advances in technology, business, and social/civic practices.
Over the past decade, Success Academy has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle, and high schools. Our 15,500 scholars – mostly poor and minority – are outperforming students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest students in 12th grade, we are fast-approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not have to determine destiny.
Our Individual Giving & Events team is a vital part of the Development Department, which works to secure critically needed philanthropic resources to grow the organization’s events program to support Success Academy’s ambitious expansion. This team develops and maintains strong relationships with individual donors through meetings, events, school visits and regular communication. They plan and execute events ranging from school celebrations to the annual fundraising gala.
We are now seeking an ambitious Development Coordinator to support our team. Reporting to the Managing Director of Individual Giving, the ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. The ability to interact with staff, donors, and board members in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, while remaining organized, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Individual Giving & Events team, including managing the calendar of the Managing Director of Individual Giving;
- Assist with day-to-day logistical needs: coordinate internal and external meetings including donor visits to SA schools; prepare briefing documents and other materials as needed for internal and external meetings and special events;
- Support tasks and projects related to cultivation and stewardship of individual donors;
- Conduct in-depth research on current and prospective individual donors;
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date contact donor database: regularly update contacts, correspondence and proposals; ensure moves management status is up-to-date;
- Provide hands-on support to the Events team, including but not limited to, vendor and venue research, event day-of logistics, event setup and breakdown;
- Track and process expenses for the Managing Director of Individual Giving & Director of Events; and
- Submit and monitor payment of invoices.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, and at least 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Exudes a polished, professional and customer service oriented demeanor at all times with internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with precision and accuracy, especially with coordinating special event and donor-related logistics;
- Has extraordinary attention to detail and highly effective organizational systems; Skilled at keeping track of upcoming, ongoing and past work product; and juggling multiple and varied projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Possess superb writing and communications skills and a can-do attitude;
- Proactive, creative thinker that will look for ways to bring their position and the department to the next level;
- Understands the importance of fostering productive relationships with school and network-based teams, donors, vendors, and other constituents to drive the goals of the Development team and the greater organization; and
- Mission-driven individual with a passion for educational access and equity.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.