Dev Ops Lead
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Success Academies is redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest-growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 46 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Technology Division at Success Academy is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, application services, security, and support. The Division partners with teams across the organization to equip students, teachers, leaders and staff with the innovative technology tools and know-how necessary to achieve academic and operational excellence.
To support our growth and to continue providing our scholars with an unparalleled educational experience, we have a network office-based team of IT professionals who provide network-wide support, resource planning, and technology integration. Their efforts enhance our classrooms and elevate daily instruction, fostering a lifelong love of learning for our scholars. Success Academy seeks a Dev Ops Lead to plan, direct and design the organization's IT infrastructure & Hardware Management while simultaneously leading the IT team(s) responsible for maintaining said infrastructure while ensuring that technology resources are distributed, maintained, and effectively utilized across our growing network of schools.
Position : Dev Ops Lead
Definition : Manage, maintain, and enhance where needed the core local and cloud-based technology infrastructure.
Location: New York, New York 10005
Reporting: The Dev Ops Lead will report to the Director of Infrastructure Services.
The Dev Ops lead is responsible for the automation, configuration, and management of the business's on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, and the design and maintenance of our existing CI/CD pipelines. This critical role will work with our existing application engineers, systems engineers, and the business to drive efficiency, automation, and compliance. Lastly, this role will build and grow a team of dedicated infrastructure and DevOps engineers with a focus on supporting SA's growth towards 100 schools.
Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This role will:
- Design, Build and lead (along with Technology leadership) the DevOps team with an eye towards developing and mentoring junior engineers.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Infrastructure, and teams outside of Technology to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems to meet business objectives.
- Manage and oversee SA's cloud infrastructure including AWS configurations, DNS, and SSL certificates.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Develop and maintain automated provisioning/ permissions for third-party applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, information systems).
- 6+ years as a Dev Ops Lead, Infrastructure Lead, or equivalent role.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient technical knowledge of current software protocols, application tools, and Internet standards, including AWS, Redshift, Jenkins, Circle CI, Okta, etc.
- Proficient in Python, with the ability to optimize and enhance existing applications.
- Execute independently and communicate collaboratively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change where needed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top