Department Operations Team Lead, Experiential Learning
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Department Operations Team Lead to join our Experiential Learning team.
A great education consists of more than just rigorous academics. At Success Academy, we provide numerous opportunities for scholars to explore talents and interests outside of reading, writing, math, and science to help develop the whole child. We don't consider these Scholar Talent courses "extra" but an integral part of the school design. Our schools offer a robust selection of Scholar Talent courses that may include Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Theatre), Visual Arts, Debate, Chess, and Athletics.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Experiential Learning, the Department Operations Team Lead will facilitate operations-related activities in support of all Experiential Learning coverage areas: Field Studies, Network Events, External Enrichment, and Scholar Talent. Field Studies and External Enrichment compliment a scholar’s academic curriculum through the use of external learning opportunities such as field trips, summer programs, and guest lectures. Network Events work supports the operational planning and coordination of celebrations that impact the wider Success Academy network of schools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Finances and Vendor Management: Develop and manage network finances and vendors for all Network supported Experiential Learning programs. This includes budget creation and approval process for Scholar Talent, monitoring invoice receipt and payment for external vendors, onboarding new vendors as needed, purchasing supplies needed to support EL programs, and managing any vendor-related issues; and
- Logistics: Work with Network Events team to plan logistics and coordinate the execution of various Scholar Talent Network Events with the participating Success Academy schools. This includes supporting the Performing Arts Senior Manager with creating and executing the annual Performing Arts Showcase and the annual Visual Arts Showcase across the elementary, middle, and high schools. Work with Ed Institute to plan and coordinate the execution of Scholar Talent teacher Professional Development;
- Scheduling: Facilitate the maintenance of the Network Events schedule (calendar) and coordinate scheduling with other department calendars (e.g. Academics, Operations).
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate across a wide variety of constituents, both verbally and in writing;
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment;
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to establish protocols and processes;
- Five-plus years of project management experience, inclusive of budget management and accountability;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required, knowledge of SalesForce for payment processing and knowledge of Trello are a plus;
- A B.S. or B.A. degree is required. A major in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Accounting, or Operations is a plus; and
- PMP certification is a plus.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top