We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Debate Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love debate;
- Collaborating with teachers across the network to build a world-class debate program, while investing the community in the vital role of the debate in education;
- Engaging students with challenging material that is relevant to their lives and interests;
- Preparing scholars to compete in rigorous city, state, and national competitions; and
- Engaging in training with school leaders and benefitting from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, which accelerates learning and growth with unparalleled support.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have a record of excellence competing in debate at the collegiate level or coaching at the middle school or high school level;
- Have experience working with children;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about debate and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.