As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Data Analyst join our Operations Performance & Analytics (OPA) team.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Data Analyst will partner with a fast-paced and forward-thinking team to measure the operational health of our schools in order to identify performance gaps and determine strategies for improved performance.
The core function of this role is to query database in SQL, perform analyses, and create high-level data-visualizations to support our ability to assure that scholars needs are met through operational excellence in the areas of school data, scholar medical information and quality assessment standards overall.
Technical experience with SQL, SAS, R, or Python is required for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting data analysis in support of a variety of analytic solutions;
- Creating and producing forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc.;
- Creating and disseminating information and tools that empower schools to do their jobs effectively;
- Providing real-time customer service to school-based teams in order to maintain operational efficiency across our network;
- Creating project plans and timelines to support team priorities and goals, and holding team members accountable;
- Developing databases and implementing data standards and data quality monitoring tools to filter and clean data;
- Preparing monthly dashboard reports, identifying trends and presenting thoughtful, actionable solutions;
- Skillfully and confidently presenting operations metrics and school health data to diverse constituencies;
- Crafting and telling stories using data to advance department initiatives and gain buy-in from senior management and school teams;
- Training Network and school-based staff on data systems; and
- Documenting and training end users on reports and dashboards.
Successful candidates should have 2-3 years of experience managing teams as well as the following experiences and characteristics:
- Must have high proficiency level of SQL programming experience;
- Must have experience with ETL tools and KPI reporting;
- Must have excellent Excel skills and experience analyzing, manipulating, and presenting large amounts of data while maintaining data integrity, including data visualization;
- Experience with Trello, SurveyGizmo, Periscope, Docusign, EMMA and School Messenger preferred;
- Enjoy being exposed to diverse departmental initiatives intended to improve productivity and effectiveness across several functions;
- Are collaborative and feedback-oriented; and
- Have a strong interest in education and education reform.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.