As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
Success Academy was founded with the dual mission of building outstanding schools in New York City and advancing educational progress across the country. This fall, we achieved a milestone in pursuit of this dual mission, with the opening of our Robertson Center at Hudson Yards.
Through its extensive educator- and public-facing programming, the Robertson Center will serve as a powerful engine to make great schooling a reality for more and more children, nationwide, and even globally. Now, we need an energetic Coordinator to join our founding team.
The Robertson Center brings together a state-of-the-art training facility with Success Academy’s first K-8 Lab School, providing a one-of-a-kind setting to innovate and reimagine pre-K-12 public education. As a physical space, the Center will mobilize educators and the broader education ecosystem to look for innovative solutions to deep-seated educational challenges — and through the Lab School, give them both real-time inspiration and practical demonstration of ways to reimagine public education. With specialized programs sponsored by the Center, we will accelerate the vitally important work of sharing and operationalizing our tested approach to pre-K-12 education beyond the walls of Success Academy’s 40+ schools.
The Robertson Center Coordinator should have 1-2 years of work experience. Successful candidates will:
- Exude professionalism, providing exceptional customer service and creating a welcoming environment for all Center visitors and program participants;
- Excel in verbal and written communication skills, tactfully responding to all communications and remaining diplomatic in all interactions;
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully manage competing priorities, with experience creating systems to stay organized;
- Exhibit outstanding attention to detail;
- Thrive on feedback and have an appetite to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment;
- Identify as a proactive go-getter energized by the opportunity to be part of a founding team;
- Be available to work evenings and weekends, as necessary; and
- Believe deeply in the urgent need to close the educational opportunity gap for all students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Staffing the Center’s front desk, including greeting visitors and responding to phone calls and emails;
- Supporting the Office Manager with developing and managing systems to ensure smooth operations of the Center;
- Supporting the Executive Director with scheduling and other key administrative functions;
- Supporting the Office Manager with execution on all public events, including educator trainings, multi-day workshops, board meetings, conferences, and other high-profile engagements;
- Offering on-site AV support and troubleshooting to ensure all events run smoothly;
- Supporting on the planning and execution of all logistical event arrangements, including vendor research, selection, and management; budget management; transportation; staffing/training; communication/outreach; programming; setup/take-down, etc.;
- Managing space requests and comprehensive facility calendar;
- Building relationships across members of the network and school community;
- Supporting the Audience Engagement Manager with registering and tracking program participants, visitors, and other key constituents;
- As desired or able, supporting the Audience Engagement Manager with drafting copy and content; and
-Handling key administrative functions for the Center, including tracking expenses and managing scheduling requests.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.